I resolve that the following ten personal intentions will manifest my commitment to a resolute life.
Life is replete with good moments and bad times. Regardless the quality of my immediate situation, I pledge to strive to live these ten intentions before all else. Being human is to be fallible and imperfect. Although, I will sometimes fail to fully complete all of these tasks all of the time, these are my intentions:
- I treat everybody as if it’s their last day alive – We all crave justice
- I spend time with people from whom I can learn and who may learn from me – They’re with me for a reason, which I may never know
- I do things that make me laugh and I try to do things that make others laugh, too – Laughter evens life’s extraordinariness
- I delight in the stories people tell me – Visualizing stories shows me the value in other people’s lives
- I listen without needing to respond – I listen more when others are in pain and need a listener more than else
- Without expecation, I choose to help those around me needing help – I exceed all expectations
- It’s not my business what others think of me – I avoid needing permission for anything
- I give away everything everywhere inside me – I avoid constipating life
- I always seek new things for which I will be grateful
- I step out of my comfort zone every day – The further away I step, the closer, more connected I am to others
By publishing this manifesto, I hold the world at large responsible for keeping me on task. Expect that I behave as I intend and I will manifest a better person. One more better person in this world makes this world a better place for all of us.
I encourage all who read this to also write and publish their own personal manifesto. Who among you will not benefit from stating their good intentions?